Myriad Music School and Dance Academy
Welcome! Contact us for your FREE First Lesson. Enrollment is ongoing throughout the current school year and summer months. Here’s the latest update.
- Stay Involved and Informed: The Myriad Monthly Newsletter allows you and your friends & family to share-in your child’s joy, progress, events, and accomplishments. Our students and families look forward to it each month.
- 100% of our Teachers are fully vaccinated and boosted. We continue to offer BOTH on-site lessons and virtual options.
- Guidelines at Myriad. Our #1 guiding principal has been simply that our school remains a safe place for students and teachers. We continue to follow and model our local School District’s current directives, San Mateo’s Environmental Health Services, and the Department of Public Health, Policy & Planning.
- Our students enjoy a cleaner-than-ever-before learning environment with non-toxic disinfectant foggers, physical barriers where needed and medical-grade air purification system in every classroom.
- All students continue to receive a myriad of tools and materials to accompany their lessons, including both physical and virtual resources and practices videos.
- Visit our COVID Safety Measures page for more details and protocol.
FEATURED YOUNG MUSICIAN
FEATURED YOUNG MUSICIAN: KYLE C, AGE 6 ~ SUPERSTAR YOUNG MUSICIANS & MINI GLEE SINGERS
“I like the games we play in class. I think Miss Isabel is really kind!”
The Myriad Music School & Dance Academy has taught thousands of students since it was established in 1997
A community favorite, our school provides a magical staircase approach to curriculum, ensuring success and confidence in all music and dance skills, from our youngest to our most advanced students.
Myriad graduates have continued on to esteemed universities
such as Berkeley, Boston University, Stanford, UCLA, Cornell, American University, NYU and other reputable schools. Some graduates have chosen to major / minor in music or dance degrees. We celebrate all of our students’ future endeavors!
Brand New To Music Lessons or Dance Classes?
Find out what you need to know before making a great choice!
DANCE EVENTS: Held this spring in College of San Mateo’s Theater, this is the perfect mid-sized theater experience venue for our dancers, ages preschool through teens. Welcome to a Night at the Museum, with colors, lights, story-telling and choreography from all of Myriad’s dancers! Mystery, intrigue, beauty and history all on the big stage! Thank you to Teachers Amanda and Mattea and their students, for their inspiring creativity and can-do positivity all year long!
MUSIC EVENTS: Calling all of Myriad’s Musicians, Ages 9 & Older. Pianists, Guitarists, Singers, Ukulele Players, String Players, Flute Players and Brass Musicians! This is an invitation for students who wish to participate and celebrate the Holiday Music that many of us cherish, contributing to the Holiday Spirit. Everyone is in for a treat with Teacher Holiday Performances too. These Concerts will be held Friday, December 9th, and Saturday December 10th. The more the merrier. See you there, and all are welcome!
Thanksgiving & Christmas are filled with joy at Myriad
November 14-19: In-Progress Family Weeks for Young Dancers & Music Foundations Classes
December 9 & 10: Holiday Music Concerts
December 12 – 17: Santa’s Toy Box and Secret Santa for Dancers
December 12 – 17: Holiday Theme Week for Music Foundations
February: Filming Event for Dancers
February / March: Salon Music Concerts
March 6 – 11: Spring In-Progress Family Weeks for Young Dancers & Music Foundations Classes
May: Workshop Week, a fun collaborative rehearsal week for our Private Music Lesson and Piano / Guitar / Violin Team students. Preparing for success and confidence at our upcoming Concerts and Playing Parties!
Myriad Dance Academy’s Santa’s Toy Box Choreography Celebration! Monday December 12 – Saturday December 17 Celebrate the holiday...
Myriad Dance Academy – Secret Santa! Monday December 12 – Saturday December 17 For Myriad’s Dance Academy Levels 2 / 3 / 4...
Holiday Music Concerts! Friday December 9 & Saturday December 10 Ages 9 & up, Private Music Lesson Students Join us for joyful music from...
Performing arts education for all ages at one location!
We have dance classes and music lessons at a variety of times so that you can book classes for different children at the same time to save you hours of driving and waiting time.
15 Benefits for YOU at Myriad
FREE First Lesson
- All students NEW to Myriad enjoy a FREE first lesson or class. Contact us today. We want to learn more about you, your child, your music / dance goals. Let’s match you to a day and time that works for your family so you can enjoy your FREE first lesson.
All Ages Welcome
2. We are here to inspire students of all ages! It’s never too early or too late to start lessons. From our Preschool Music and Dance Programs, to our Adult Ukulele Jams, we want everyone to enjoy a sense of community and accomplishment through the arts.
Myriad’s Three Goal Mission
3. Myriad’s Mission delivers to all our students and their families! Our Mission is three-fold.
- The first goal is to have fun, and lots of it!
- The second goal is to help each student discover their own unique voice / style as a musician or dancer.
- The third goal is to foster smart musicians and dancers for a lifetime!
4. We celebrate you! Students’ milestones are tracked and acknowledged through awards at Myriad’s many performance events.
Unique Choices, Unlimited Make-ups
5. Our school is unique in that it offers a wide array of choices between classes or private lessons. Tell us more about your goals and we’ll help match you to the right class or lesson for your child.
6. Unlimited Make-Up Courtesies for active, registered students! We know life is busy, and we do our best to encourage consistency, while offering flexibility.
Top-Notch Clean Facility & Books Provided
7. Our music classrooms and dance studio are well-lit, equipped with the best technology, are full of multi-sensory resources, and are distraction-free with sound-dampened walls to allow for maximum focus during lessons.
8. You receive books, sheet-music and all learning materials in-house! We stock a full music library with the best, expert resources on the market. No need to go shopping for your own books or supplies.
Outstanding Teaching Artists
9. Myriad has an amazing team of 30+ Teaching Artists, all of whom are university-trained, friendly, warm and professional. All are passionate about giving you a wonderful experience each lesson, inspiring our students! 100% of our teachers are fully vaccinated!
Students Connecting with Peers
10. Private Music Students have the option to stay connected with peers through monthly practice clubs and workshops, supporting each other and exploring best practices for success.
Seasonal Theme Weeks
11. Little ones enjoy celebrating music and dance with a fresh twist during our festive seasonal theme weeks.
Small Class Sizes
12. The focus is on your child. Small class sizes have always been a Myriad standard. With a maximum 10:1 student-teacher ratio, our instructors take great care to know each student personally.
Quality Private Lessons
13. You’ll receive an outstanding, unique private music lesson experience at Myriad. Private music lessons are a treasured time with a caring mentor each week. We deliver a fun, researched, well-rounded approach, teach all musical styles, and hold over 40 performance events.
Modern Healthy Approach
14. Receive lasting benefits from Myriad’s informed, researched, healthy approach. Avoid wasted time, out-dated approaches and injuries. If you are a new music or dance student, before anything else, you need the right, smart foundations, not out-dated approaches. We provide the tools to help families avoid unnecessary distractions.
Access Myriad TV
15. All class students receive access to MYRIAD TV, our video library from the current School Year. Perfect for absences and home practice between classes.