Guitar, Bass & Ukulele Lessons: Ages 6 – Adults
Meet your Guitar, Ukulele or Bass teacher today!
Schedule a Trial Guitar Lesson, Bass Lesson, or Ukulele Lesson near you to learn more.
BOOK A TRIAL LESSON BELOW, choosing the WEEKDAY that works best for you. Trial lessons are FREE upon continuing enrollment. Reserve your lesson time today! QUESTIONS? For a quick response, fill in the REQUEST MORE INFO form below and tell us more about what you are looking for. For personal assistance or to join our wait list, please call us at (650) 412-6322. We are looking forward to learning more about you and matching you with a premiere Guitar Teacher, Bass Teacher or Ukulele Teacher for Guitar Lessons, Ukulele Lessons and Bass Lessons in San Mateo.
Lessons include all styles
We have an amazing and fun guitar department. We will encourage and support your interested in the acoustic, electric, bass guitar, or ukulele. Myriad Music School offers fun instruction in guitar, ukulele and bass lessons in all styles, from rock to jazz, classical to pop, Spanish-style. Learn chording and plucking techniques from the experts. In other words, this is how you master the skills to really get around these versatile instruments!
Young Guitar Beginners ages 6-9?
The beginning stages of learning the guitar are challenging, especially the coordination for smaller hands. Young aspiring guitarists are guaranteed a fun, effective, encouraging beginning in our unique Guitar Teams. These guitar lessons are small class sizes with a combination of team activities and private lessons for each team member. Additionally, mentoring beginner guitar students requires just the right touch and Teams provide impactful, lasting, and positive foundations. For example, research over many years shows students who begin in our Team classes have a better retention rate, exhibiting ‘grit’ in the initial learning stages. As a result, these young students are most likely to progress, with minimal frustration, staying united with their guitar for years to come. In conclusion, Guitar Teams are the best choice for your 6-9 year old aspiring guitarist – hands down! Secure your spot in these special classes today. Class times are limited for Team Classes.
We focus on teaching all guitar styles, all ages, all levels.
Our highly skilled teachers are university- trained in both guitar playing AND music education. In other words, our guitar teachers focus all of their energy on resourceful, fun and engaging activities that match the interests of the student they are working with in weekly lessons. We specialize in a diverse curriculum and smart resources selected by the Myriad Guitar and Ukulele Teachers. In addition, Myriad’s classrooms are stocked with fun, unique teaching tools that make the experience dynamic for all ages.
Our guitar teachers have university music degrees, in addition to being great musicians. Whether you are a young beginner on the guitar, a teen beginner who wants to speed up the learning process with a guitar teacher leading the way, or an advanced guitarist, Myriad’s teachers are here to help! We can introduce you to the songs, exercises and technique that that will get you started and well on your way in your guitar journey. Your guitar and ukulele teacher will help you develop skills in your area of interest!
- Classical Guitar, with expert guidance on tone, posture, smart ergonomics, gaining skills while exploring repertoire of the masters!
- Jazz Guitar, learning to navigate jazz chords, lead sheets, reading music, comping patterns, and improvisational skills.
- Pop Guitar Styles, gaining skills in strumming patterns and pop melodies from your favorite artists or singer / songwriter
- Rock Guitar riffs and shredding techniques, with expert tips on tension-free ergonomics, learning iconic lines from your favorite rock tunes, complete with exercises to gain speed and virtuosity
- Ukulele tunes, strumming and plucking along with your favorite uke songs in any style of music. The ukulele is so accessible for beginners and advanced students alike, and can be adapted to any musical style!
Learn how to jam with teachers and other students or perform a solo in one of our performance events. Our talented and warm teachers are here to learn more about you and help you reach your goals.
What is the right age to start guitar lessons?
Typically a student would start guitar lessons before the age of 8 because of smaller hand size and developing fine motor / coordination skills. Therefore, best practice suggests that students ages 6-8 begin with a junior sized guitar or ukulele. We recommend first registering for either Guitar Team or Kids’ Ukulele Band here at Myriad to get a great beginning with solid foundations. Additionally, consistent home practice is the other magical component to doing well with guitar, bass, or ukulele lessons.</span?
Our motivating systems are unique
We teach foundations and then show our students how to develop rock/blues riffs, classical technique, or song-writing skills. In addition, students at our school earn medals as they progress through our well-designed curriculum. In conclusion, we have been refining our curriculum over the past 26 years making it better and more relevant to our students’ goals every year!
Unleash your inner rock star! Refine your classical artistry!
- Develop your own unique voice on your acoustic / electric guitar, ukulele or bass. Your music style interest will guide your exploration of each instrument unique characteristics.
- We do teach tab. However, you deserve this and much more! Do not settle for just reading tab. Learn how to read music too! Learn how to understand the organization of rhythms, melodies, and chords. Everyone appreciates your music know-how whether you are a soloist, or want to be part of band, As a result, you’ll relate to more musicians as a competent reader.
- Create powerful, subtle, beautiful sounds on these instruments. There are so many ways to approach the guitar, ukulele or bass as these special stringed instruments wail, soar, be plucked delicately or create a wall of sound! Myriad’s experts show you all of the tricks!
- Explore styles from many cultures and traditions including classical, rock, jazz, and folk traditions
- Avoid the typical poor ergonomic rookie mistakes. In other words, get your set up, posture and hand positions right from Day 1! We prioritize correct physical approach and posture for pain-free practice on the guitar, ukulele and bass.
Schedule a Trial Guitar, Bass or Ukulele Lesson near you to meet your new Guitar Teacher!
BOOK A TRIAL LESSON BELOW, choosing the WEEKDAY that works best for you. Trial lessons are FREE upon continuing enrollment. Reserve your lesson time today! QUESTIONS? For a quick response, fill in the REQUEST MORE INFO form below and tell us more about what you are looking for. For personal assistance or to join our wait list, please call us at (650) 412-6322. We are looking forward to learning more about you and matching you with a quality Guitar Lessons, Ukulele Lessons, Bass Lessons and Guitar Teachers, Ukulele Teachers and Bass Teachers in San Mateo, Burlingame, Millbrae, Foster City, Redwood Shores, San Carlos and Belmont.