Kids’ Ukulele Band
Ukuleles and children – a great match! Accessible, easy to learn and trendy! Start your child’s musical journey with the ukulele!
For children, ukuleles are fun and the coordination is easily accessible. Additionally, our experienced teachers take requests, cleverly adapting any musical style to the ukulele. Therefore, engagement is high and results tend to be quick! At Myriad, we’ve doubled the fun, doubled the learning in our collaborative Kids’ Ukulele Band. Ukulele classes may transition to future guitar lessons. Or, many of our students stay with the ukulele, as it is versatile, portable, plucking or strumming along to anyone’s favorite music. Check out the awesome ukulele teachers and resources at Myriad!
Direct-enroll in Kid’s Ukulele Band below, by clicking on the registration button. Do you have a question? For a quick response, fill in our Start Today form below, and tell us more about what you are looking for. We are looking forward to learning more about you and matching you with quality ukulele lessons and ukulele teachers.
The ukulele is easier for small hands.
The ukulele is physically easier than the guitar for small hands, yet with all of the same, solid foundations. A year or two in Kids’ Ukulele Band Levels 1 or 2 will make the guitar a breeze when your little guitar enthusiast is just a little older to really grasp the coordination to play the guitar. Or stay with the ukulele if you love it! Many of our students, young and old alike, have become impressive ukulele players ~ singing, strumming and plucking like a pro!
Explore our ‘Myriad TV’ Piano lesson clips children watch between classes, to practice alongside their teachers at home.
Our Ukulele Band Students are:
- Excited about playing this mini-guitar instrument and LOVE classes
- SUPER excited about the rhythm enhancements of this class, including our clever bucket drumming units
- Learning how to read music, construct chords and pluck melodies and playing together as a band
- Developing stage presence and performance poise – we prepare this band for 2 concerts per year.
- Playing a rich variety of musical styles, including multicultural songs, folk songs, and mini rock tunes. Some of our tunes feature fun play-along back tracks too!
- Creating music as team players in a nurturing, dynamic environment, with both the ukulele and the percussion features of this class.
- Accomplishing rhythmic, sight-singing / ear-training skills through music theory games
- Preparing for a end-of-year family presentations.
Kids’ Ukulele Band is accepting new members!
Why the ukulele and not the guitar?
At our school, we’ve had a lot of success minimizing frustration for instruments that are physically challenging in the beginning stages, for instance the guitar. We want these young budding musicians to feel like they can handle the week-by-week goals we give them. Therefore students feel and hear their small triumphs each week. Above all, this is the magic that encourages that child to stay engaged in their music lessons and continued improvement!
Ukuleles are fun, and the results are faster.
Now, we’ve made the transition even easier with the addition of our Kids’ Ukulele Band classes. Ukuleles are fun, and therefore the results are faster. This is a smart choice, an effective stepping stone to future guitar success.
Homework: Something to consider….Kids’ Ukulele Band has the same homework requirement as our Superstar Young Musicians classes:
5-10 min. per day / 3 times per week. As a comparison, Guitar team requires 5-10 min per day /5 times per week minimum.
Join the band today!
Direct-enroll in Kid’s Ukulele Band below. Questions? For a quick response, fill in our Start Today form below, and tell us more about what you are looking for. We are looking forward to learning more about you and matching you with quality ukulele lessons and ukulele teachers.