Kids Ukulele Band: Ukulele Classes for kids
Schedule a trial ukulele lesson for kids class near you to learn more. For a quick response, fill in our Start Today form below, and tell us more about what you are looking for. For personal assistance or to join our waitlist, please call our Arts Administrators at 650-574-2844. We are looking forward to learning more about you and matching you with quality ukulele lessons and ukulele teachers.
Start your child’s musical journey with the ukulele!
The ukulele is physically easier than the guitar for small hands, yet with all of the same, solid foundations. A year or two in Kids’ Ukulele Band Levels 1A, 1B, or 2 will make the guitar a breeze when your little guitar enthusiast is just a little older to really grasp the coordination to play the guitar. Or stay with the ukulele if you love it! Many of our students, young and old alike, have become impressive ukulele players ~ singing, strumming and plucking like a pro!
Our Young Ukulele Students are:
- Excited about playing this mini-guitar instrument and LOVE classes
- Learning how to read music, construct chords and pluck melodies and playing together as a band
- Developing stage presence and performance poise – we prepare this band for 2 concerts per year.
- Playing a rich variety of musical styles, including multicultural songs, folk songs, and mini rock tunes. Some of our tunes feature fun play-along back tracks too!
- Creating music as team players in a nurturing, dynamic environment
- Accomplishing rhythmic, sight-singing / ear-training skills through music theory games
- Understanding how to follow a conductor
- Preparing for 2 family presentations per school year.
Kids’ Ukulele Band is accepting new members! Interested children and their parents are invited to register for a class visit below.
Level 1A: Ages 6-8
Level 2: Ages 8-10 (assessment for Level 2 readiness is at the discretion of the Teacher)
Why the ukulele and not the guitar?
At our school, we’ve had a lot of success minimizing frustration for instruments that are physically challenging in the beginning stages, for instance the guitar. We want these young budding musicians to feel like they can handle the week-by-week goals we give them. Therefore students feel and hear their small triumphs each week. Above all, this is the magic that encourages that child to stay engaged in their music lessons and continued improvement!
Ukuleles are fun, and the results are faster.
Now, we’ve made the transition even easier with the addition of our Kids’ Ukulele Band classes. Ukuleles are fun, and therefore the results are faster. This is a smart choice, an effective stepping stone to future guitar success.
Homework: Something to consider….Kids’ Ukulele Band has the same homework requirement as Young Musicians classes:
5-10 min. per day / 3 times per week. As a comparison, Guitar team requires 5-10 min per day /5 times per week minimum.
Schedule a trial ukulele lesson for kids class near you to learn more. For a quick response, fill in our Start Today form below, and tell us more about what you are looking for. For personal assistance or to join our wait-list, please call our Arts Administrators at 650-574-2844. We are looking forward to learning more about you and matching you with quality ukulele lessons and ukulele teachers.