Private Music Lessons
On-site & Virtual Option Hybrid Model now available. Contact us today to get started, with your preferred learning platform for School Year 2020-2021.
- The New Normal: A Hybrid model offering BOTH on-site lessons and virtual options are available now.
- On-Site or Virtual ~ We’ve got you covered. Families have a choice. On-site availability for classes with multiple children will be limited due to smaller class sizes. Our #1 guiding principal has been simply that our school remains a safe place for students and teachers, with all protocol and training properly in place. We continue to monitor well-established County Directives, consulting directly with the San Mateo County Health Department, San Mateo’s Environmental Health Services, Department of Public Health, Policy & Planning and the City of San Mateo.
- On-site students are learning in a safer & cleaner-than-ever-before environment with non-toxic disinfectant foggers, physical barriers, and a medical-grade air purification system in every classroom.
- Virtual students receive many tools to accompany their lessons, including virtual folders, updated weekly materials, bonus tutorials, and books mailed to their doorsteps.
- Safety Measures, Sanitation & Staff Training. Visit our COVID Safety Measures page for extensive details and protocol. We are training our staff and taking multiple safety measures with classrooms and lobbies.
Private Lessons: Ages 6 – Adults
Schedule a trial music lesson to learn more about private lessons near you. For a quick response, fill in our Start Today form below, and tell us more about what you are looking for. For personal assistance or to join our wait-list, please call our Arts Administrators at 650-574-2844.
We have something for everyone ~ Beginners through Advanced Musicians
We are looking forward to learning more about you and matching you with quality music lessons and teachers. Let’s find the best fit for you, to help feel confident and do your best!
Young Beginners – Ages 6-9
Your best first home for a nurturing, enticing first lesson experience are Piano Team, Guitar Team or Violin Teams. These have all the benefits and results of a private lesson, but are more engaging for beginners. Young Beginner classes have small class sizes and a combination of team activities and private lessons. Team Classes provide an impactful, lasting positive foundation. Research shows students who begin in Team classes have a better retention rate and exhibiting ‘grit’ in the initial learning stages due to the dynamic small group approach to new concepts. Piano, Guitar and Violin Teams are the best choice for instrumental music lessons for your 6-9 year old.
Secure your spot in these special classes today because class times for Team Classes are limited!
Private music lessons near you for students ages 6 & up
Students may begin private music lessons at age 6, however we strongly encourage our Young Beginners (ages 6-9) to take a Team Class for at least the first 2 years. Please read above.
Private Music Lessons are held once a week, and can start at any time of the year or month, so there is no need to wait to get started. We teach a variety of styles in addition to the foundations and advanced skills of all instruments and voice. Let your teacher know if you want an emphasis in classical, pop, jazz, or musical theater. Call our friendly Arts Administrators to request an available day and time that suits your schedule.
Fun, goal-oriented lessons
Your goals are emphasized along the way. Students in all programs receive leveled medals or certificates each spring for achieving skills in their progressive curriculum (similar to earning karate belts) These skills include completed method books, technique, rhythm skills, composing and improvising, and an emphasis in a style that the student chooses. Progress is measured by a checklist of skills a student should be able to demonstrate after that year of study to measure progress and keep parents informed. Current students confirm it is motivating. They love it!
Performances for all levels
Performances are optional at our school. Above all, students are well-cared for as they progress through our performance levels. There’s something for everyone, from the shy student to the ambitious performers who love to be on stage! Students have the opportunity to perform in over 40 informal and formal concerts held over the course of the school year. Younger, elementary students love our small, casual Playing Parties. Intermediate and advanced students showcase their skills in formal concerts at off-site venues. We offer a special informal Teen class for those teens who have just started an instrument and feel more comfortable sharing with a small group of peers.
We help private music lesson students prepare for all of these events through our highly successful workshop classes, held twice a year.
Tell us more about you!
Start today! Fill in the Start Today form below and let us know what you are looking for. We’d love to meet you and get you started on the instrument that will help you discover a new part of yourself. Be a part of the Peninsula’s fastest growing music and dance school. We’ve expanded three times over the past decade. This means more convenient class times, new programs and options to choose from for you for team and private music lessons near you. Click here to see what our students and parents are saying.
Try your first lesson today. Write to us, or call our friendly Arts Administrators at (650) 574-2844 to set up your first one-time trial lesson with one of our talented teachers.
For More Information: