Piano Teams: Ages 6-9. The perfect beginning piano lessons for children.
Welcome! At Myriad, we’ve created a fun, healthy piano lesson environment for your child, where piano skills last a lifetime!
Are you looking for Kid’s Piano Lessons for a child aged 6-9 years old?
Piano Team students LOVE these special, unique classes. Many pianists ages 6-9 thrive in our Piano Teams classes, which are small classes with 2-3 students with 1 teacher. These children also receive individual private lessons in class, along with activities that embrace all classmates, promoting music theory and collaboration. Piano Team students progress at the same rate as Private Lesson students. Piano Team students then typically move into Private Lessons at the age of 9 or 10. The engagement level and home practice excitement is hugely successful for Piano Team students. FREE first class upon continued enrollment.
We also offer Private Kid’s Piano Lessons for 6-9 year olds. You can learn more about Private Lessons on our PRIVATE PIANO LESSONS page.
DIRECT ENROLL to save your spot, or BOOK A TRIAL LESSON TODAY! Either way, the fee of your first class will be applied to your tuition upon continued enrollment. CHOOSE THE WEEKDAY that works best for you. QUESTIONS? For a quick response, fill in our REQUEST MORE INFO form below, so we can prioritize YOU! Tell us more about what you are looking for. We are looking forward to learning more about you and matching you with quality Piano Lessons and Piano Teachers. Meet your teacher today.
Piano teams are fun, intimate piano classes of 2-3 children
This magical class creates skilled young pianists, while forming a piano bond and a team-spirit between students, encouraging and cheering on each others’ accomplishments! We’ve all heard the stories, or perhaps experienced them ourselves as children taking piano lessons. Too often, young children begin piano lessons and then quickly become disengaged, and leave the experience feeling defeated, never to return to the piano. Thankfully, this is not the trend at Myriad. In our Piano Team Classes, students enjoy the opening rhythm and note-reading activities that reinforce music theory, hand coordination and piano skills. Remarkably, even new beginners will be able to jump into the action on their first day! The class then transitions into private lesson time for each child with the teacher. Homework is checked weekly, and new songs are assigned at the pace the child feels comfortable and is able to succeed.
100’s of Practice Videos created by Myriad teachers especially for our students
Along with teaching our students how to become good readers with healthy, lasting piano technique, we provide as many tools as possible to engage happy, productive home practicers. We’ve created 100’s of practice videos for our students, recorded at slower practice tempos with a model of relaxed, tension-free hands and arms. Avoid going down the Youtube rabbit hole of poorly executed piano videos, tumbling along at speeds that mislead impressionable students. Learn alongside these Myriad videos, a great practice aid for our late elementary – late intermediate students.
All the benefits of a private kids piano lesson and much more!
These students are getting that important early-stage togetherness with one or two fellow classmates, while still getting lots of personal coaching in their personal private lesson. Our Team students love the balance of this format! Team Classes provide a small group setting while also providing personal weekly private lessons.
Pianists are engaged and stay interested in lessons long-term
We’ve observed for over a decade at Myriad that Team Students tend to be more engaged and resilient in the early stages of learning their instruments’ challenges. Teams are fun, unique piano classes where students learn correct technique and postures from the start. These pianists learn to read music, and have fun with our collaborative music theory & skill games. Individual home- play assignments are tailored to the child. Most importantly, piano students progress at their own rate, at the pace that works best for each individual. These unique teams create a beautiful balance between a class energy and private piano lesson opportunity.
Choosing Your Musical Instrument!
There are so many options when it comes to staring your musical journey. It can be hard to decide where to start when you are choosing your musical instrument. We have some tips for you that will help you decide! Start by trying an instrument that you think you would like. If you don’t love
Every Piano Team student feels successful and supported. As a result, these students stay engaged with the piano for many years.
- Team Classes keep young students motivated through the beginning challenges of trying a new instrument.
- The teacher also works individually with each student on their own assignment. As a result, each child can move at their own pace with their weekly songs.
- All children are motivated by peer interaction. This class has all of the benefits of a private lesson, alongside some peer interaction. This is a powerful tool for interest and knowledge that will stick long-term.
- This small team-setting provides a balance. The collaborative critical-thinking aspect of this intimate class setting is less intimidating for younger students. Traditional private lesson settings can be off-putting when introduced too soon. Therefore, our Piano Team format is a powerful motivator. Our Team Students are excited about coming and sharing each week. Classmates celebrate each other’s successes and help each other through challenges. In this way, this setting also nurtures leadership in our young students. We’ve observed this phenomena many times over the years.
- The longer 50-minute lesson format gives students opportunities to practice the material with the teacher’s supervision. As a result, questions can be asked in class before children go home for the week.
- Students’ rhythm and listening skills improve dramatically when we have ensemble time during class. Songs sound interesting and filled out.
- Students learn how to work well as valued members of a team. This is in addition to working on their solo songs and their weekly homework.
- Leadership skills are built – it’s a heartwarming ‘side-effect’ to witness!
DIRECT ENROLL in Kid’s Piano Lessons to save your spot, or BOOK A TRIAL LESSON TODAY! Either way, the fee of your first class will be applied to your tuition upon continued enrollment. CHOOSE THE WEEKDAY that works best for you. QUESTIONS? For a quick response, fill in our REQUEST MORE INFO form below, so we can prioritize YOU! Tell us more about what you are looking for. We are looking forward to learning more about you and matching you with quality Piano Lessons and Piano Teachers in San Mateo, Burlingame, Millbrae, Foster City, Redwood Shores, San Carlos and Belmont.