Piano Teams: Ages 6-9. The perfect beginning piano lessons for children.
Welcome! We’ll help you learn how to create a lasting, healthy piano lesson environment for your child.
Schedule a trial piano lesson to learn more. Meet your new piano teacher today!
For a quick response, fill in our Start Today form below, and tell us more about the Children’s Piano Lesson you are looking for. For personal assistance or to join our wait-list, please call our Arts Administrators at 650-574-2844. We are looking forward to learning more about you and providing you with quality piano lessons for kids in San Mateo, Burlingame, Belmont, San Carlos, Millbrae.
Piano teams are fun, intimate piano classes of 2-3 children
This magical class creates skilled young pianists, while forming a piano bond and a team-spirit between students, encouraging and cheering on each others’ accomplishments! We’ve all heard the stories, or perhaps experienced them ourselves as children taking piano lessons. Too often, young children begin piano lessons and then quickly become disengaged, and leave the experience feeling defeated, never to return to the piano. Thankfully, this is not the trend at Myriad. In our Piano Team Classes, students enjoy the opening rhythm and note-reading activities that reinforce music theory, hand coordination and piano skills. Remarkably, even new beginners will be able to jump into the action on their first day! The class then transitions into private lesson time for each child with the teacher. Homework is checked weekly, and new songs are assigned at the pace the child feels comfortable and is able to succeed.
100’s of Practice Videos created by Myriad teachers especially for our students
Along with teaching our students how to become good readers with healthy, lasting piano technique, we provide as many tools as possible to engage happy, productive home practicers. We’ve created 100’s of practice videos for our students, recorded at slower practice tempos with a model of relaxed, tension-free hands and arms. Avoid going down the Youtube rabbit hole of poorly executed piano videos, tumbling along at speeds that mislead impressionable students. Learn alongside these Myriad videos, a great practice aid for our late elementary – late intermediate students.
All the benefits of a private piano lesson and much more!
These students are getting that important early-stage togetherness with one or two fellow classmates, while still getting lots of personal coaching in their personal private lesson. Our Team students love the balance of this format! Team Classes provide a small group setting while also providing personal weekly private lessons.
Pianists are engaged and stay interested in lessons long-term
We’ve observed for over a decade at Myriad that Team Students tend to be more engaged and resilient in the early stages of learning their instruments’ challenges. Teams are fun, unique piano classes where students learn correct technique and postures from the start. These pianists learn to read music, and have fun with our collaborative music theory & skill games. Individual home- play assignments are tailored to the child. Most importantly, piano students progress at their own rate, at the pace that works best for each individual. These unique teams create a beautiful balance between a class energy and private piano lesson opportunity.
Hovering Helicopter Hands
Today we’ve got a simple but effective exercise for all our pianists! This one is something we feel all pianists should be practicing: hovering helicopter hands. It’s a real game changer for performing pieces with big leaps. —— The basic idea is that your hands should be in position over the keys of a leap
Every Piano Team student feels successful and supported. As a result, these students stay engaged with the piano for many years.
- Team Classes keep young students motivated through the beginning challenges of trying a new instrument.
- The teacher also works individually with each student on their own assignment. As a result, each child can move at their own pace with their weekly songs.
- All children are motivated by peer interaction. This class has all of the benefits of a private lesson, alongside some peer interaction. This is a powerful tool for interest and knowledge that will stick long-term.
- This small team-setting provides a balance. The collaborative critical-thinking aspect of this intimate class setting is less intimidating for younger students. Traditional private lesson settings can be off-putting when introduced too soon. Therefore, our Piano Team format is a powerful motivator. Our Team Students are excited about coming and sharing each week. Classmates celebrate each other’s successes and help each other through challenges. In this way, this setting also nurtures leadership in our young students. We’ve observed this phenomena many times over the years.
- The longer 50-minute lesson format gives students opportunities to practice the material with the teacher’s supervision. As a result, questions can be asked in class before children go home for the week.
- Students’ rhythm and listening skills improve dramatically when we have ensemble time during class. Songs sound interesting and filled out.
- Students learn how to work well as valued members of a team. This is in addition to working on their solo songs and their weekly homework.
- Leadership skills are built – it’s a heartwarming ‘side-effect’ to witness!
Schedule a trial piano lesson to learn more about creating a lasting, healthy piano lesson environment for your child. Meet your new piano teacher today!
For a quick response, fill in our Start Today form below, and tell us more about the Kids’ Piano Lesson you are looking for. For personal assistance or to join our wait-list, please call our Arts Administrators at 650-574-2844. We are looking forward to learning more about you and providing you with quality piano lessons for children in San Mateo, Burlingame, Belmont, San Carlos, Millbrae.