Enrollment is on-going! It is never too late to join our music or dance lessons and classes. Register for a class below. If you don’t see a class listed, it means that class time is currently full. Please call 650-574-2844 for personal assistance from our Arts Administrators or to join our waitlist.
Violin teams are fun, unique violin classes of 2-3 children, where students will have fun learning string foundations together. The beginning journey on the violin consists of special challenges. The structured, collaborative Violin Team setting will really help these challenges be more appealing to our young beginners. Students will work together on foundational skills, and will also receive their own private session with the teacher. Students are learning the correct positioning of the violin, the tricky elusive bow-hold, and and how to read their violin music. Plucking, tuning and playing together fosters better ear-training younger. Students will receive a Violin Beginner Kit with helpful tools for parents, take-home tools, a variety of activity sheets, theory and music books. Even brand new beginners will be able to jump into the action on their first day! The best choice ~ awesome violin classes for kids!
These students are getting that important early-stage togetherness with a few classmates, while still getting lots of personal coaching in their personal private lesson. Our Team students love the balance of this format! Team Classes provide a small group vioin setting (a cozy 2-4 children per class), while also providing personal weekly private lessons.
We’ve observed for over a decade at Myriad that Team Students tend to be more engaged and resilient in the early stages of learning their instruments’ challenges. Violin Teams are fun, unique classes where students learn correct technique and postures from the start, learn to read music, and have fun with our collaborative music theory & skill games. Individual home- play assignments are tailored to the child. Students progress at their own rate.
EVERY CHILD FEELS SUCCESSFUL!
This is our school’s answer to motivating young violinists to work towards their own personal goals, while still being part of a team experience. This is especially important to beginning violinists,, when the beginning stages can be frustrating, if not presented in a child-friendly format. Music is meant to be shared and violin team is an amazing motivator!
This is the best choice for all Young Musicians graduates who have completed Level 2, 3 or 4 and wish to transition into playing the violin.
The BENEFITS of the Violin Team experience are numerous and impart students with the basic knowledge essential for a positive, informed future with the violin.
- Children truly enjoy their violin lessons in this productive, enthusiastic and intimate setting. It’s all about making music together.
- All materials and books are age-appropriate and sequenced to be success-based.
- Students learn musical concepts faster in a violin class by experiencing both their own progress / setbacks and those of their classmates.
- A violin class setting invariably fosters more relaxed performers.
- Music Theory, Ear-Training, and Sight Singing skills are more memorable, exciting and fun when shared with other children.
- Each week, students experience the violin as both a solo and ensemble instrument.
- Rhythm skills are enhanced through the incorporation of rhythm instrument accompaniments for soloists who desire an extra challenge.
- A violin class environment assists young musicians to master ensemble skills essential for band, chorus, or musical theatre in their future school programs.