Visual Arts Teacher
Visual Arts Teachers and Fine Arts Teachers
San Mateo, CA · Part time
Visual Arts Teachers and Fine Arts Teachers
We are currently hiring Visual Arts and Fine Arts Teachers. Secure your future voice teaching position today. Paid training begins immediately upon hiring. We have full schedules and loads of smart resources for Visual Art Instructors. All Art Teachers receive complete training in a graded successful curriculum, classroom management, and leadership skills, resulting in teachers who lead students and parents with joy and expertise, using a variety of resources and techniques. We hire teachers from the San Francisco Bay Area, including San Francisco, Daly City, San Bruno, Oakland, Berkeley, Fremont, Hayward, Union City, Millbrae, San Mateo, Belmont, San Carlos, San Jose, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara regions.
Secure your future dance teaching position today by applying directly through our website: Apply Here
– Teach visual art lessons and lead small class instruction 2-3 days per week to students ages 4 – 14.
– Implement quality curriculum standards, expert classroom management, student progress incentives, provide students with Myriad’s art education resources, preparing students for an art show event hosted by our school.
– Work diligently to maintain the high standard of excellence among Myriad’s students
– Discover your joy in inspiring and motivating young artists of all ages
– Positions open Sat from 1:00 – 4:00pm and Sun from 10am-2pm. This is an onsite teaching position at our San Mateo location, with the potential to grow into weekday classes and times.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, or concurrent enrollment in a fine arts program or degree (Applied or Art Education). Above all, Preference is given to those who have a strong foundation in visual arts along with one year minimum experience teaching children. All enthusiastic, eager applicants are encouraged to apply. Our thoughtful curriculum will guide you with confidence and organized lesson plans.
– Applicants must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area with appropriate means of transportation, with a high regard for punctuality.
– Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. with supporting documentation. We are not able to accommodate candidates who require visa sponsorship.
– Applicants can demonstrate English language proficiency.
– Teachers with at least one years of teaching experience with children are preferred.
– Knowledge of color theory, blending, and layering using watercolor, oil pastel, acrylic paint is preferred.
– Applicants can demonstrate the ability to read the class and pace the instruction to complete the class in the assigned time frame.
– Applicant demonstrates a strong team spirit, integrity and a solid work ethic.
– Applicant shows an aptitude in organizational and communication skills.
– Teacher is willing to set up for class, teach class, and clean-up after class.
– Applicant demonstrates a desire to learn, accept constructive feedback and commits to on-going improvement in their position.
An ideal candidate for our team is kind, upbeat, patient, organized, and conducts themselves in a professional manner. We are seeking a visual arts instructor who balances fun with learning in all classes, celebrating progress and commitment in their students.
Benefits / Support / Base Salary:
– Base Salary: $35.00 per hour
– Work-life balance and flexible schedule with year-round employment
– Pay for 52 weeks per year with 9 weeks of vacation.
– Teachers’ pay is unaffected by canceled, rescheduled, or no-show lessons, and schedules are consistent and can be relied upon year-round.
– Competitive compensation based on level of education, teaching experience, work performance, ability to collaborate with others, and professional development initiatives.
– 5-10% pay increase upon contract renewal for continuing teachers
– Travel stipend support
– Sick pay
– Matching 401K retirement plans for all employees.
– Vision and Dental benefits for full-time employees.
– New teachers receive 6 month student retention / high job performance bonus, and additional compensation is given to teachers who excel and assume four or more teaching days and/or teach weekends.
– Additional profit sharing benefits and bonuses for team members holding management or leadership roles within the company
– Professional development clinics and workshops to expand the knowledge and breadth of employee pedagogy skills.
– Fully stocked classrooms with high quality Baldwin & Yamaha pianos, high-grade professional audio equipment, ergonomic aids, robust vocal library, and gamification tools to engage students of all ages.
– Advancement opportunities for dance teachers who wish to add more teaching days and take on additional administrative/leadership roles at Myriad.
Who we are:
– Myriad Music School is a busy, established, highly-rated music school connecting great teachers with dedicated families since 1997. Thousands of students have taken lessons and classes at Myriad. Our facility hosts quality Baldwin and Yamaha guitars, top-notch audio equipment, with 13 well-stocked classrooms, and 30-35 Teachers and Admin Team in San Mateo.
-Myriad is the premiere music school who places top priority on pedagogy training, innovative resources, ergonomics practices by instrument, leadership skills, and savvy curriculum for each department. You will be nurtured alongside a team of teachers who thrive and lead their students and families with confidence and expertise.
– Myriad Music School and Dance Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes and celebrates differences, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $35.00 per hour
– 401(k) matching
– Dental insurance
– Employee discount
– Flexible schedule
– Paid time off
– Professional development assistance
– Referral program
– Tuition reimbursement
– Vision insurance
– Saturday 1:00pm – 4:00pm
– Sunday, 10:00am – 2:00pm
– Potential to grow into weekday classes and times.
Supplemental pay types:
– Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
– San Mateo, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
– Work Location: In person at the Myraid Music School & Dance Academy
– Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
– View our COVID Safety Protocol here
“Myriad is by far the best place I’ve ever worked hands down! I’ve never felt so supported and I’m proud to be a part of such a professional team. There is a family atmosphere here that makes you feel as welcome as you are at home. I can always depend on the leadership at Myriad to help in any situation.
That’s why I love teaching here!”
~ Teacher Chelsea
How to apply
We prioritize applicants who apply directly through our website: Apply Here
Important: Please attach resume as .pdf file and a brief cover letter highlighting why you believe you’re a good fit for Myriad
If you have an art portfolio, do provide a link.