San Mateo, CA · Part time
Piano Teachers and Music Teachers
We are currently hiring Piano Teachers. Myriad Music provides full-time administrative support for all scheduling, makeup lessons, enrollment, accounting, and recital/exam/contest registration. Teachers are not responsible for any logistical work outside of communications with students/parents and teaching responsibilities. Paid training begins immediately upon hiring. We have full schedules and loads of smart resources for new Piano Teachers.
All Music Teachers receive complete training in music pedagogy and leadership skills, resulting in teachers who lead students and parents with joy and expertise, using a variety of resources and techniques. We hire teachers from the San Francisco Bay Area, including San Francisco, Daly City, San Bruno, Oakland, Berkeley, Fremont, Hayward, Union City, Millbrae, San Mateo, Belmont, San Carlos, San Jose, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara regions.
Secure your future piano teaching position today by applying directly through our website: Apply Here
– Teach private piano lessons and lead small group piano instruction 2-5 days per week to students of all ages and ability levels
– Implement quality curriculum standards and student practice incentives, and provide students with Myriad’s musical education resources
– Work diligently to maintain the high standard of excellence among Myriad’s students
– Discover your joy in inspiring and motivating musicians of all ages, all levels.
– Positions open M-F from 3-8pm and Sat from 9am-2pm.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Music, or concurrent enrollment in a music degree (Performance or Education). Preference is given to those who’ve earned an MM/MA and/or DM/PhD degrees. Teachers with experience coaching Certificate of Merit / ABRSM are encouraged to apply.
– Applicants can demonstrate a high level of proficiency on their instrument.
– Applicants must reside in the San Francisco Bay Area with appropriate means of transportation, with a high regard for punctuality.
– Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. with supporting documentation. We are not able to accommodate candidates who require visa sponsorship.
– Applicants can demonstrate English language proficiency.
– Teachers with at least two years of teaching experience with children are preferred.
Benefits / Support / Base Salary:
– Base Salary: $50.00 – $80.00 per hour, depending on role within our company
– Work-life balance and flexible schedule with year-round employment
– Pay for 52 weeks per year with 9 weeks of vacation.
– Teachers’ pay is unaffected by canceled, rescheduled, or no-show lessons, and schedules are consistent and can be relied upon year-round.
– Competitive compensation based on level of education, teaching experience, work performance, ability to collaborate with others, and professional development initiatives.
– 5-10% pay increase upon contract renewal for continuing teachers
– Sick pay
– Matching 401K retirement plans for all employees.
– Vision and Dental benefits for full-time employees.
– New teachers receive 6 month student retention / high job performance bonus, and additional compensation is given to teachers who excel and assume four or more teaching days and/or teach weekends.
– Additional profit sharing benefits and bonuses for team members holding management or leadership roles within the company
– Professional development clinics and workshops to expand the knowledge and breadth of employee pedagogy skills.
– Fully stocked classrooms with high quality Baldwin & Yamaha pianos, high-grade professional audio equipment, ergonomic aids, robust piano library, and gamification tools to engage students of all ages.
– Advancement opportunities for piano teachers who wish to add more teaching days and take on additional administrative/leadership roles at Myriad.
Who we are:
– Myriad Music School is a busy, established, highly-rated music school connecting great teachers with dedicated families since 1997. Thousands of students have taken lessons and classes at Myriad. Our facility hosts quality Baldwin and Yamaha pianos, top-notch audio equipment, with 13 well-stocked classrooms, and 30-35 Teachers and Admin Team in San Mateo.
– Myriad is the premiere music school who places top priority on pedagogy training, innovative resources, ergonomics practices by instrument, leadership skills, and savvy curriculum for each department. You will be nurtured alongside a team of teachers who thrive and lead their students and families with confidence and expertise.
– Myriad Music School and Dance Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes and celebrates differences, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Base Salary: $50.00 – $80.00 per hour
– 401(k) matching
– Dental insurance
– Employee discount
– Flexible schedule
– Paid time off
– Professional development assistance
– Referral program
– Tuition reimbursement
– Vision insurance
– After school
– Choose your own hours
– Monday to Friday, 2:30 – 8:30pm
– Weekend availability, 9:00am – 3:00pm
Supplemental pay types:
– Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
– San Mateo, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
– Work Location: In person at the Myriad Music School & Dance Academy
– Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
– View our COVID Safety Protocol here
“Myriad is by far the best place I’ve ever worked hands down! I’ve never felt so supported and I’m proud to be a part of such a professional team. There is a family atmosphere here that makes you feel as welcome as you are at home. I can always depend on the leadership at Myriad to help in any situation.
That’s why I love teaching here!”
~ Teacher Chelsea
How to apply
We prioritize applicants who apply directly through our website: Apply Here
Important: Please attach resume as .pdf file and a brief cover letter highlighting why you believe you’re a good fit for Myriad