Myriad Music & Dance Covid-19 Safety Measures
A Hybrid Model offering BOTH on-site lessons & continued virtual options is available this School Year. On-site availability for classes with multiple children will be limited, due to smaller class sizes.
Resuming on-site instruction
Our #1 guiding principal has been simply that our school remains a safe place for students and teachers, with all protocol and training properly in place. We continue to monitor well-established County Directives, consulting directly with the San Mateo County Health Department, San Mateo’s Environmental Health Services, Department of Public Health, Policy & Planning and the City of San Mateo.
The New Normal
- The New Normal: A Hybrid model offering BOTH on-site lessons and continued virtual options is available this School Year.
ON-SITE & VIRTUAL OPTIONS for these Lessons / Classes: Piano, Guitar, Teams, Violin & Viola, Kids’ Ukulele, Dance Academy.
VIRTUAL OPTIONS ONLY for these Lessons / Classes for ultimate safety reasons: Voice, Mini-Singers & Glee, Flute, Trumpet, Saxophone & Clarinet.
- On-site, in-person availability is limited for classes, due to our class-size reduction.
- Resuming on-site instruction? Yes. See above regarding which Lessons / Classes have both On-site & Virtual options, and which are Virtual only. Our #1 guiding principal has been simply that our school remains a safe place for students and teachers, with all protocol and training properly in place. We continue to monitor well-established County Directives, consulting directly with the San Mateo County Health Department, San Mateo’s Environmental Health Services, Department of Public Health, Policy & Planning and the City of San Mateo. We will continue to monitor, stay informed and update.
- Safety Measures, Sanitation & Staff Training. We are training our staff and taking multiple safety measures with classrooms and lobbies. Most importantly, we know our families and teachers appreciate this approach.
- Necessary updates are provided on the 1st of each month. We will continue to monitor, stay informed and update.
- Virtual instruction continues through our 6-week Summer Term. A Hybrid model offering BOTH on-site lessons and continued virtual options will be available this School Year. County and City Directives will determine when.
- We will continue to provide necessary updates on the 1st of each month.
Cleanliness & Health
- Staff will submit daily health checks approved by UCSF Medical Center. Staff members are required to get tested on a regular basis, at test centers.
DAILY HOME WELLNESS CHECKS – PARENT RESPONSIBILITY. Parents are required to do a family wellness check before leaving their home to bring their child(ren) to school to ensure that all members of the family do not have symptoms related to COVID-19 and do not have a fever.
- Staff and student temperature checks will be conducted on-site, before each class. For the safety of the entire community, we will be going by the results of our thermometer, despite what the child’s temperature may have been before leaving home. Any child with a temperature of 100.4 or over will not be able to join the class. This also applies to any child exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms such as, but not limited to, a runny nose, cough, fever or chills, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, muscle or body aches.
- Touch-less hand-sanitation stations are provided both outside of the building and in the lobbies.
- Medical-grade air purifiers are in each classroom.
- Thorough sanitation for all surfaces / writing implements / instruments / chairs / barres, dance floor, etc with CDC approved disinfectants is completed between lessons & classes.
- Disinfectant foggers with non-toxic Hypochlorous Acid [HOCl] are used in Music & Dance Classrooms, between each classes. HOCl is 100 times stronger than bleach yet non-toxic to students and teachers. PPE is not required during application. The 3 big airlines are fogging their planes to make them safe for travel. The dental industry is using HOCl to make their practice safe for patients. Fogging is a process that includes spraying an electrically-charged and safe-to-breath disinfectant on all interior surfaces to ensure germs and viruses are eradicated. HOCl safety has been proven safe in hospitals and in food processing to keep fresh produce clean and germ free. “HOCl destroys viruses by chlorination by forming chloramines and nitrogen-centered radicals, resulting in single- as well as double-stranded DNA breaks, rendering the nucleic acid useless and the virus harmless.” Read More Here
- Height adjustable sneeze guards are installed in all private lesson classrooms, between teacher and student.
- Hand washing before and after classes.
- Staff and students wear face coverings. Face coverings may be removed to drink from a personal water bottle.
- In addition to our in-house sanitizing protocol, our professional deep-cleaning service provider is on-site twice a week.
- We have assigned designated entrances and exits for classes. 6 feet markers are placed outside, under the awning for those waiting for their class to begin.
- Limit your time in the school. Wait outside until your class time. Students are in the building 5 minutes before their lesson time and 5 minutes after their lesson time.
- 5 minute max for indoor seating with safe distancing. Unlimited time for outdoor seating with safe distancing. Give your fellow schoolmates space.
- Limit family members who are not registered for classes from entering the building unnecessarily, for everyone’s safety.
- Dance classes are held partially outside, and partially inside, dependent on the weather.
- Small music & dance class sizes always at Myriad! That is just one way we consistently deliver quality assurance.
- Students in small classes are seated in their own marked, assigned space, where they remain for the duration of the class.
- Dance teachers are adjusting choreography to remain contact-free and physically distanced.
- Remember to bring your own materials each week, so you don’t have to borrow school books and supplies. Bring your own, labelled personal water bottle to class.
Protocol & Procedures
- We’ve prepared a COVID-19 Mitigation Plan Handbook at Myriad, with full details. A brief outline is provided below.
- If a child becomes sick on the premises, this child will need to be picked up immediately.
- If a staff member or a student has had contact with a COVID-10 Positive Person, self-quarantining measures are required for 14 days, before returning to the school.
- If a child or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, the school will contact the Department of Public Health for guidance on next steps. This may require that persons in contact with this child or teacher (for more than 15 minutes) home-quarantine for 14 days from the date of contact. Our school will continue to communicate with County Health Department to receive guidance as to when child or staff member may return to school.