Piano teams are fun, intimate piano classes of 2-4 children, where students have fun at the beginning of each class playing rhythm and note-reading games that reinforce music theory, hand coordination and piano skills. Even brand new beginners will be able to jump into the action on their first day! The class then transitions into private lesson time for each child with the teacher. Homework is checked weekly, and new songs are assigned at the pace the child feels comfortable and is able to succeed.
These students are getting that important early-stage togetherness with a few classmates, while still getting lots of personal coaching in their personal private lesson. Our Team students love the balance of this format! Team Classes provide a small group setting (a cozy 2-4 children per class), while also providing personal weekly private lessons each.
We’ve observed for over a decade at Myriad that Team Students tend to be more engaged and resilient in the early stages of learning their instruments’ challenges. Teams are fun, unique piano classes where students learn correct technique and postures from the start, learn to read music, and have fun with our collaborative music theory & skill games. Individual home- play assignments are tailored to the child. Students progress at their own rate.
EVERY PIANO TEAM STUDENT FEELS SUCCESSFUL!
WHY TEAM CLASSES ARE A GREAT CHOICE TO KEEP YOUNG STUDENTS MOTIVATED THROUGH THE BEGINNING STAGES OF LEARNING THEIR INSTRUMENT
- Team lessons work well for students who are motivated by peer interaction.
- The teacher also works individually with each student on their own assignment so that each child can move at their own pace with their weekly songs.
- This small team-setting provides a balance. The collaborative critical-thinking aspect of this intimate class setting is less intimidating for younger students than being expected to produce results alone in the traditional private lesson setting. This is a powerful motivator. This means that our Team Students are excited about coming and sharing each week. Classmates celebrate each other’s successes and help each other through challenges. In this way, this setting also nurtures leadership in our young students. We’ve observed this phenomena many times over the years.
- The longer 50-minute lesson format gives students opportunities to practice the material with the teacher’s supervision.
- For the ensemble part of the class, students’ rhythm and listening skills improve more dramatically. Songs sound interesting and filled out.
- Students learn how to work well as valued members of a team, in addition to working on their solo songs and their weekly homework.
- Leadership skills are built – it’s a heartwarming ‘side-effect’ to witness!
PIANO TEAM AVAILABLE CLASSES
Register for a class by clicking the REGISTER button next to your preferred time.
You may also call 650-574-2844 for personal assistance from our Arts Administrators.
Or use the Contact Form below and we will get back to you soon to assist you.