Enrollment is on-going! It is never too late to join our music or dance lessons and classes. Call us to find a class time!
Ages 11 – 16? Learn more on our Teen Dance Classes page.
Jazz is a style of dance that is seen in many Broadway type shows such as “Cats”. It is a more structured, stage style of dance than styles such as hip hop. Jazz dancing is entertaining to watch, fun and active to participate in. Jazz features a combination of unique moves, intricate footwork, leaps and quick turns. Jazz enhances a dancers grace and balance.
What is the difference between Jazz and Hip Hop?
Jazz is a more structured, stage style of dance. Hip Hop is a fast, high energy type of dance seen in music videos and commercials. Dance moves seen in performance by artists such as Bruno Mars, Drake and Beyonce would be typical examples of Hip Hop. Hip hop incorporates a lot of break dance moves. The moves are more isolated and less fluid than jazz dance moves.
New to Dance? Our DANCE IT ALL combo classes let your dancer try out all the styles in one class!DANCE IT ALL is a wise choice for younger dancers, and they love the format!
DANCE IT ALL ~ LEVEL 1
Ages 4 1/2 ~ 5’s
A complete introduction to jazz foundations, hip-hop, tap and ballet! Students develop strength and flexibility through simple dance combinations. We encourage a melding of styles and choreograph combinations using elements of jazz, tap, and ballet to expand students’ knowledge and love of dance! Movement through musical narrative continues.
DANCE IT ALL ~ LEVEL 2
Ages 6 ~ 7’s
A great way for students to experience different styles of dance! In addition to reinforcing foundational concepts like stretching, leaps, and technique, this class allows children to experiment with jazz, hip hop ballet, and tap styles. Our innovative instructors encourage creativity while reinforcing dance technique and classroom etiquette.
DANCE IT ALL ~ LEVEL 3
Ages 8 ~ 11
For older students or continuing Level 1 and 2 students. A more advanced approach different styles of dance! We continue reinforcing foundational concepts like stretching, leaps, and technique. This class features jazz, hip hop, ballet, and tap styles, and we teach our students to contribute to the choreography, with the fundamental knowledge they have been given, and their own creativity. Our innovative instructors encourage creativity while reinforcing dance technique and classroom etiquette.
DANCE ENSEMBLE: TEEN HIP HOP / JAZZ ~ Level 1: Ages 11 – 13
DANCE ENSEMBLE: TEEN HIP HOP / JAZZ ~ Level 2: Age 13 – 16
Read more about these classes on our Teen Dance page. These students are excited about specializing in jazz & hip hop dance choreography. Routines are crafted each week by the instructor, with contributions from the students too, as they begin to gain an understanding of how solid choreography is put together. These students will learn a variety of routines, jazz /hip hop dance steps and moves, patterns, and stylistic details of this dance genre. Teachers focus on jazz dance terminology, lyrical expression & more. This class is designed to improve memory skills, fine motor skills, and jazz / hip hop dance technique. Stretching, strengthening and fast paced routines keep these dancers focused and improving each week!
Older Students? Inquire at our front desk about our current classes.
See our “class schedule” here.
Why Dance With Us?
- Convenience – schedule Music Lessons & Dance Classes at the same time
- Small, Cozy Class Sizes – Lets us focus on building solid technique from the beginning (10 preschoolers, 8 elem./teens)
- Parent Viewing Windows
- Choice of Dance Styles – Dance Fun for Little Ones, Pre-Ballet & Ballet, and Jazz, Hip-Hop, Tap in our Dance It All Combo Classes.
- Wonderful Teachers – Trained dancers who are experienced, gifted educators
- Goal Sheets & Dance Ribbons – help you see all the wonderful ways your dancer is learning & growing
- Recreational program – no competitions! We focus on a meticulous, smart curriculum, rewarding goal tracking systems, outstanding teachers, and a love of dance!
- Minimal Costume Fees – we add a fun item to your required dance wear for our spring dance
- Family Sharing Days – 3 times a year…bring friends and family to see your dancer’s class perform a routine and share class highlights to see what they’ve been learning, up close! Great photo/video moments! No expensive costumes, recital tickets & long wait to see your dancer for just a couple of minute