Enrollment is on-going! It is never too late to join our music or dance lessons and classes. Call us to find a class time!
Guitar teams are fun, unique guitar classes of 2-4 children, where students will have fun playing together as a “band”, learning how to read music, and getting coached during their own private session with their teacher each class, and learning how to read music. Even brand new beginners will be able to jump into the action on their first day!
EVERY CHILD FEELS SUCCESSFUL!
This is our school’s answer to motivating young guitarists to work towards their own personal goals, while still being part of a team experience. This is especially important to beginning guitarists and pianists, when the beginning stages can be frustrating, if not presented in a child-friendly format. Music is meant to be shared and guitar team is an amazing motivator!
WHY TEAM CLASSES ARE A GREAT CHOICE TO KEEP YOUNG STUDENTS MOTIVATED THROUGH THE BEGINNING STAGES OF LEARNING THEIR INSTRUMENT
- Team lessons work well for students who are motivated by peer interaction.
- The teacher also works individually with each student on their own assignment so that each child can move at their own pace with their weekly songs.
- The social aspect of a class setting is less intimidating for younger students – which means that they are excited about coming and sharing each week.
- The longer lesson time gives students opportunities to practice the material with the teacher’s supervision.
- For the ensemble part of the class, students’ rhythm and listening skills improve more dramatically. Songs sound interesting and filled out.
- Students learn how to work well as valued members of a team, in addition to working on their solo songs and their weekly homework.
Each Guitar Team class will be 50 minutes in length, once a week. The format of these lessons includes 4 components:
- Opening warm-up improvisation that all children and the teacher play together
- Music Theory / Composition Skills Games and Worksheets
- Private Session rotation during which the teacher coaches each child’s solos
- Mini-Rock Band with ensemble play. Each week students take turns playing lead guitar, rhythm guitar, or bass guitar roles. This is the part of the curriculum that really prepares young players for Rock Band curriculum later on.
Check with our office for class availability first. Schedule is subject to change at anytime.
|3:30 – 4:20||3:20 – 4:10||9:30 – 10:20|
All Students will receive a song book, theory and composition worksheets, take-home learning aids, ensemble songs, and a variety of activity sheets.
This is the best choice for all Music for the Young Child graduates who have completed Level 2, 3 or 4 and wish to transition into beginning guitar lessons.